Host: Kitchener-Waterloo Chess Club
Contact: Mario Piccinin at firstname.lastname@example.org;
Date: Saturday October 1, 2022
Place: St John the Evangelist Anglican Church, 23 Water St. N., Kitchener, ON (Enter by Duke St. doors)
Rounds: 5 ; Registration 9:30 am. Rounds starting at 10:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., lunch, 1:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
Section: The top six players (determined by average CFC rating) will play a round robin tournament.
(Note that only players that do not require any byes are eligible.)
There may also be another round robin section comprising of the 7th to 12th top rated players, depending on entries. This will be determined on Sept 28.
All other players will play a Swiss tournament. Round One will be accelerated pairing ( First quarter plays second quarter and third quarter plays fourth quarter).
We reserve the right to combine, or otherwise modify, the sections if necessary.
Rating: The tournament will be rated by CFC for Quick Events.
Time Control: Game in 25 minutes plus 10 seconds delay per move (Bronstein)
Entry Fee: $40 all players, $10 discount for juniors (under 17 years) and seniors (65 years or older).
Payments: E-transfer with registration or Cash at site (ATM available nearby).
CFC membership: Full one-year membership adults $48, juniors $32 and one-time tournament membership adult $12, juniors $6. See www.chess.ca for details.
Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded for top placements in each section.(Open, First and Second; Under 2000, Under 1600, Under 1200)
• Preregistration and payment must be submitted to Mario Piccinin at email@example.com before September 28; .
• Late registration – A $10 late registration fee will apply to all registrations after Sept 28.
Tournament Updates and Pre-registration List:
COVID-19 Protocol (subject to change):
• Facility capacity is restricted to the first 60 players that register.
• Masks may be worn while indoors.
•Clocks and sets will be supplied.
•Tournament Director: Ed Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 519-893-1920
• Several restaurants are near the site.
• Parking is available street side and Kitchener City Hall underground and near the site. Parking fees apply at City Hall.