Host: Kitchener-Waterloo Chess Club
Date: Saturday December 17, 2022
Place: St John the Evangelist Anglican Church, 23 Water St. N., Kitchener, ON . Enter by Duke St. doors.
Rounds: Five (5)
Sections: There will be two sections
- Top six players (determined by CFC rating) will play a round robin tournament. Note that only players that do not require any byes are eligible.
- All other players will play a Swiss tournament.
- Round One will be accelerated pairing ( First quarter plays second quarter and third quarter plays fourth quarter).
We reserve the right to combine, or otherwise modify, the sections if necessary.
Rating: The tournament will be rated by CFC for Active (Quick).
Approx. Start Times: 10:00 a.m., 11:30 p.m., lunch, 2:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5:00 p.m.
Time Control: Game in 25 minutes plus 10 seconds delay per move (Bronstein)
Entry Fee: $40 all players, $10 discount for juniors (under 17 years) and seniors (65 years or older). Cash only at site (ATM available).
CFC membership: Full one-year membership adults $48, juniors $32 and one-time tournament membership adult $12, juniors $6. See www.chess.ca for details.
Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded for top placements in each section.
Section Prizes for Swiss tournament: may include, Top under 2000, Top under 1600, Top under 1200
- Preregistration must be submitted by email to Mario Piccinin at email@example.com; by Dec 15 to avoid the late fee.
- Payments: E-transfer (Mario Piccinin at firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cash at site (ATM available nearby).
- Late registration – A $10 late registration fee will apply to all registrations after December 15.
- On site registrations after 9:30 am may not be guaranteed a Round 1 pairing
COVID-19 Protocol (subject to change):
- Facility capacity is restricted to the first 70 players that register
- Masks may always be worn while indoors
- Clocks and sets will be supplied
- TD: Kyle Vander Welle at email@example.com
- Several restaurants are near the site
- Parking is available street side and underground and at the site (Parking fees apply)