Host: Kitchener-Waterloo Chess Club
Contact: Brian Clarke at email@example.com or (519) 594-2430
Date: Saturday December 11, 2021
Place: St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church, 23 Water St. N., Kitchener, ON
Intro & History: This annual event (except in 2020) has been popular with clubs and groups from Toronto to Windsor, Hamilton, Sudbury, etc. Teams have been made up of players with a wide range of chess experience.
- Each team will consist of 4 players.
- Each team has the option to register a 5th player. Prior to pairing each round, one player must be selected by the team to sit out that round.
- Board order must be announced by the team at registration. Players will be paired according to their established board order.
Sections: There will be two sections
- Top six teams (determined by average CFC rating) will play a round robin tournament
- All other teams will play a Swiss tournament
Rating: The tournament will be rated by CFC for Active (Quick).
Approx. Start Times: 10:00 a.m., 11:20 p.m., lunch, 2:00 p.m., 3:20 p.m., 4:40 p.m.
Time Control: Game in 25 minutes plus 10 seconds delay per move (Bronstein)
CFC membership: Full one-year membership adults $48, juniors $32 and one-time tournament membership adult $12, juniors $6. See www.chess.ca for details.
Team names: Pick a suitable name for your team. We encourage humorous/witty names.
- Full teams: Team captain to send $100 payment by email (Interac e-Transfer) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 7. Include team name, list of players and board order in message box. You can change the team name any time before tournament start.
- Individuals and partial teams – Send $25/person payment by email (Interac e-Transfer) to email@example.com by December 7. We will try to put each player onto a team, but we cannot guarantee placement. Players who do not get placed will be refunded in full.
- Late registration – A $10 late fee will be charged per person for any entries submitted after December 7.
- The registration lists can be seen here: Registered Players
- Facility capacity is restricted to the first 16 teams that register.
- All persons aged 12 and older must show proof of full vaccination.
- Masks must be worn at all times while indoors.
- Food and drink will not be allowed indoors.
Prizes: Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded for team placements.
- The team with the best original name will win back its entry fee. No names from previous years will be considered for this prize.
- Clocks and sets will be supplied.
- Several restaurants are near the site.
- Parking is available street side and underground and at the site. Parking fees apply.