Date: Saturday, October 12, 2019
Host: Kitchener-Waterloo Chess Club
Place: Learning Room, Second floor, Kitchener City Hall, 200 King St. W., Kitchener, ON
Sections: There will be two sections
- Elite (CFC Quick 1600+)
- Challengers (CFC Quick up to 1800); no exceptions
We reserve the right to combine, or otherwise modify, the sections if necessary.
Rating: The tournament will be rated by CFC for Active (Quick).
Approx. Start Times: 10:00 a.m., 11:15 p.m., lunch, 1:30 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 4:00 p.m.
Time Control: Game in 25 minutes plus 10 seconds delay per move (Bronstein)
Entry Fee: $25 pre-registered by October 8;
$30 on-site 9am to 9:30am.Cash only at site (ATM available).
CFC membership: Full one-year membership adults $48, juniors $32 and one-time tournament membership adult $12, juniors $6. See www.chess.ca for details.
Prizes: Based on entries
Tournament Directors: Ed Thompson, Chris Kohar
- Preregistration must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 8 to avoid the late fee. Payment to be made before 9:45 a.m. on tournament day at the site.
- Late registration – Before 9:30 a.m. on tournament day at the site. A $5 late fee will be charged.
- Clocks and sets will be supplied.
- Several restaurants are near the site.
- Parking is available street side and underground at the site. Parking fees apply.