Host: Kitchener-Waterloo Chess Club
Contact: Brian Clarke at email@example.com or (519) 594-2430
Date: Saturday June 22, 2019
Place: Kitchener City Hall, 200 King St. W., Kitchener, ON
Intro & History: This annual event has been popular with clubs and groups from Toronto to Windsor, Hamilton, Sudbury, etc. Teams have been made up of players with a wide range of chess experience.
- Each team will consist of 4 players.
- Each team has the option to register a 5th player. Prior to pairing each round, one player must be selected by the team to sit out that round.
- Board order must be announced by the team at registration. Players will be paired according to their established board order.
Sections: There will be two sections
- Top six teams (determined by average CFC rating) will play a round robin tournament
- All other teams will play a Swiss tournament
Rating: The tournament will be rated by CFC for Active (Quick).
Approx. Start Times: 10:00 a.m., 11:20 p.m., lunch, 2:00 p.m., 3:20 p.m., 4:40 p.m.
Time Control: Game in 25 minutes plus 10 seconds delay per move (Bronstein)
Entry Fee: $80 for each team of four. Registration for the entire team to be made by the team captain. If you want to play but don’t have a full team, we may be able to combine you with other players to make a full team.
CFC membership: Full one-year membership adults $48, juniors $32 and one-time tournament membership adult $12, juniors $6. See www.chess.ca for details.
Payment: Cash only at site. There is an ATM on site.
Team names: Pick a suitable name for your team. We encourage humourous/witty names.
Prizes: Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded for team placements.
The team with the best original name will win back its entry fee. No names from previous years will be considered for this prize.
- Preregistration for each complete team must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15 to avoid the late fee. Payment to be made by the Team Captain for the entire team before 9:30 on tournament day at the site.
- Late registration – Before 9:30 a.m. on tournament day at the site. A $20 late fee will be charged per team.
- Individuals and partial teams – Register on site before 9:30 on tournament day at the site. A $25 fee will be charged for each person. We will try to put each player onto a team, but we cannot guarantee placement. Players who do not get placed will be refunded in full.
- Clocks and sets will be supplied.
- Several restaurants are near the site.
- Parking is available street side and underground and at the site. Parking fees apply.