Date: Saturday, February 08, 2019
Place: Kitchener City Hall, 200 King St., Kitchener, ON
Rounds: Five (5)
Sections: There will be two sections
- Top six players (determined by CFC rating) will play a round robin tournament. Note that only players that do not require any byes are eligible.
- All other players will play a Swiss tournament.
We reserve the right to combine, or otherwise modify, the sections if necessary.
Rating: The tournament will be rated by CFC for Active (Quick).
Approx. Start Times: 10:00 a.m., 11:30 p.m., lunch, 2:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5:00 p.m.
Time Control: Game in 25 minutes plus 10 seconds delay per move (Bronstein)
Entry Fee: $40 all players, $10 discount for juniors (under 17 years) and seniors (65 years or older). Cash only at site (ATM available).
CFC membership: Full one-year membership adults $48, juniors $32 and one-time tournament membership adult $12, juniors $6. See www.chess.ca for details.
Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded for top placements in each section.
- Preregistration must be submitted by email to email@example.com by February 4 to avoid the late fee. Payment to be made before 9:45 a.m. on tournament day at the site.
- Late registration – Before 9:30 a.m. on tournament day at the site. A $10 late fee will be charged.
- Clocks and sets will be supplied.
- Several restaurants are near the site.
- Parking is available street side and underground at the site. Parking fees apply.