Hosted by: Kitchener-Waterloo Chess Club
Date: Saturday October 13th, 2018 (One Day Only)
Tournament Director : Brian Clarke at email@example.com or (519) 594-2430
Place: Learning Room, 2nd floor, Kitchener City Hall, 200 King St. W., Kitchener, ON
Sections: <New this Year> There will be two sections
- Top six players (determined by average CFC rating) will play a round robin tournament. Note that only players that do not require any byes are eligible.
- All other players will play a Swiss tournament.
We reserve the right to combine, or otherwise modify, the sections if necessary.
- Rating: The tournament is rated by CFC for Active (Quick).
- Rounds: 5
- Time Control: Game in 25 minutes plus 10 seconds delay per move (Bronstein)
- Approx. Start Times: 10:00 a.m., Lunch, 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5:00 p.m.
- Entry Fee: $40 all players, $10 discount for juniors (under 17 years) and seniors (65 years or older).
- Payment: Cash only at site. There is an ATM on site.
- Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded for top placements in each section.
Registration: < New this Year >
- Preregistration must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 11 to avoid the late fee. Payment to be made before 9:40 a.m. on tournament day at the site.
- Late registration – Before 9:30 a.m. on tournament day at the site. A $10 late fee will be charged.
Clocks and sets will be supplied.
Several restaurants are near the site.
Parking is available street side and underground and at the site. Parking fees apply.
CFC membership: Full one-year membership adults $48, juniors $32 and one-time tournament membership adult $12, juniors $6. See www.chess.ca for details.